Bruce Browne

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35737
Property Name : Deer Trail Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/07/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13 LMB largest 2lbs
Lures Used : frog, baby brush hog, swim jig, swim bait w/spinner, buzzbait

Very chilly day at Deer Trail temps in the low 50’s with a steady NE wind.  Arrived at the lake around 10:30 am and fished until 7:00 pm.  Lake is starting to get alot of growth in the southern end of the lake very hard to fish this area.  Most fish caught on the edges of the weed and lilly pad growth.  Bit was spread out over the entire lake and baby brush hog seemed to do the best.  Harvested 13 fish all were carbon copies of each other about 15” and very healthy with fat frames and fighters.  Saw numerious beaver or nutria, I can never really tell the difference.  Saw a group of deer moving through the edges of the lake.  Really like this property beautiful and quiet.  Wind really was not a problem just chilly.  Of course the next day is bright and sunny 72 degrees.  Anyway thanks to the landowner to allow us to visit this lake.  One of my favorites.

Apr 10 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice report, thanks Bruce. That is such a nice, scenic property!   I haven't heard of any otter sittings at Deer Trail in awhile, you didn't see any of them cruising around, crunching on fish?

Apr 10 2023

Bruce Browne

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Nice report, thanks Bruce. That is such a nice, scenic property!   I haven't heard of any otter sittings at Deer Trail in awhile, you didn't see any of them cruising around, crunching on fish?

Nope just the beaver or nutria.