Stephen Hardison

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35765
Property Name : Backside of the Moon Lake
Reservation Date : 04/01/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28 - 2 to 4 lbs
Lures Used : Texas Rigged Creature Bait

My 13th or 14th visit to this lake and it was a good ½ day (1:00 pm to 6:00 pm) of fishing with the boys. We arrived around 12:30 and finally stuffed all 3 of us in my 11 foot twin troller. Wind was 8-10 mph and died down as day went on. Water is still 3 to 3 ½ foot below normal, normal stain with water surface water temps right at 70 degrees. Started out throwing my go to here at the moon (TX rigged creature bait) and hit 4 bass within the first 30 minutes. Had to pause and get kids rigged up a bit different and then we all started catching fish 1-10 feet off bank. I ended up with 17 on the day, my oldest took in 4 fish and the youngest brought in 7 fish. Boys fished serious for about 2 hours or would likely had more, then it was a bit more off and on for them. Boys also missed several just from lack of experience, but they are learning. Supriszingly neither of them eagle nested the baitcasters or ended up in trees, so it was a great day for us all. Oldest lost a big one at the boat. Largest of the day around 4 lbs, and the haul included 2 large crappie.