Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35135
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 03/04/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22
Lures Used : Lipless, TRIG, drop shot Senko

I fished with my daughter at Salt Lick on Saturday and we got on the water a little after 1 o’clock. Water temp was between 58 and 62 in spots, 3ft of visibility and the grass line completely died off. We ended with 22 bass for the day, most were 2 to 3 pounds and a couple thick 4 pounders as well.  We caught bass around the entire lake on a variety of things such as lipless crank, senko, TRIG, and drop shot. The standing timber on the land bridge wasn't as productive as usual as the trees still have the winter moss/slime around them. I expect that to go away once the water temps warm up a bit more. I have fished Salt probably more than any other other lake and glad to see the fish with consistent year-over-growth.  You can tell by the pics the fish are far from starving and the lake has solid forage of minnows, bluegill and crappie. (Cool image below of some bait fish and a couple bass sprinkled in). 

PWF:  We used the larger boat and super leaky. We had to bail water every 20 mins and impossible to keep your gear dry.