Brian Dumont

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34811
Property Name : Twin Oaks
Reservation Date : 01/17/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17
Lures Used : Deps scat, bitsy jig, 1.0 crank, fluke

Myself and another member hit twin oaks for our usual Tuesday meet up. This property is one of my personal favorites. We always get on some fish, have a great time, and really enjoy one of the best bank fishing prospects in our area. Most of the fish were caught on the dam side, but we found them on any transition to deep water with green vegetation.. 

Jan 18 2023

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I own the Scat in 7 different colors and 2 different sizes. It's easily one of the best and most versatile soft plastics on the market. By far. Can't say enough great things about it. I love tossing it on a 6/0 weighted beast hook! Twitching it higher in the column, quickly on top mimicking a topwater, or painfully slow near the bottom. It absolutely slays!

Jan 22 2023

Brian Dumont

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alex Elrod

I own the Scat in 7 different colors and 2 different sizes. It's easily one of the best and most versatile soft plastics on the market. By far. Can't say enough great things about it. I love tossing it on a 6/0 weighted beast hook! Twitching it higher in the column, quickly on top mimicking a topwater, or painfully slow near the bottom. It absolutely slays!

100% Facts!!! Bass love the πŸ’© 

Jan 22 2023

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Brian Dumont

100% Facts!!! Bass love the πŸ’© 

Brian and Alex,

I looked up the scat on Tackle Warehouse and I'm curious. Other than looking like a turd (I guess the name would imply) is it supposed to mimic a crawdad?  What sizes do you use and how do you fish it?  Like a Trig or a Crig?  Weightless like a senko?  Swim bait? All the above?

Many thanks!

Jan 22 2023

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Chris Haller

Brian and Alex,

I looked up the scat on Tackle Warehouse and I'm curious. Other than looking like a turd (I guess the name would imply) is it supposed to mimic a crawdad?  What sizes do you use and how do you fish it?  Like a Trig or a Crig?  Weightless like a senko?  Swim bait? All the above?

Many thanks!

It's 100% supposed to look like… poop! Super popular lure in Japan. But it also looks like a tightly condensed crawdad. I throw it in all scenarios and any cover and it gets slayed. I use multiple sizes and colors. You can basically order the color(s) you need to match the local hatch. If you throw it weightless TR you can pop it topwater and get frog like blow ups. Weight it and bounce it off the bottom like any finesse TR worm. The thicker body presence has crazy drawing ability. I will also use them as trailers on chatterbaits to way it down but keep a slim profile.

overall they're extremely versatile and well worth getting basic dark colors. My personal favorite is the green, maroon, and the junebug(?) color!

Jan 23 2023

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alex Elrod

It's 100% supposed to look like… poop! Super popular lure in Japan. But it also looks like a tightly condensed crawdad. I throw it in all scenarios and any cover and it gets slayed. I use multiple sizes and colors. You can basically order the color(s) you need to match the local hatch. If you throw it weightless TR you can pop it topwater and get frog like blow ups. Weight it and bounce it off the bottom like any finesse TR worm. The thicker body presence has crazy drawing ability. I will also use them as trailers on chatterbaits to way it down but keep a slim profile.

overall they're extremely versatile and well worth getting basic dark colors. My personal favorite is the green, maroon, and the junebug(?) color!

Thanks for info! May have to add a bag to my next order.  

Jan 24 2023

Brian Dumont

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Chris Haller

Brian and Alex,

Many thanks!

I'm using the 3.5, Trig, weightless, 12lb fluro… My best guess would be a crawfish with no pinchers, Bass love to pull them off before eating them.. Hope that helps sir.πŸ‘

Jan 24 2023

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Brian Dumont

I'm using the 3.5, Trig, weightless, 12lb fluro… My best guess would be a crawfish with no pinchers, Bass love to pull them off before eating them.. Hope that helps sir.πŸ‘

Thanks Brian!