John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33933
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 10/01/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19
Lures Used : Frog, white floating worm, z-craw

Fished from 8 till 4 with an hour for lunch/nap. Water was clear with about 2 ft visibility. Air temp was 56, water temp was 78! Foggy start for sure. 
Started with a white Spro popping frog and immediately had a big blow up on it. I caught several nice fish on it throughout the day despite the bright blue bird skies. Any patch of grass had fish in it. Missed several that launched themselves out of the water. The rest came on z-craw with 1/8 oz weight and weightless white trick worm Texas rigged.

Took out 6 fish under 14”. 
The rest were 16 to 21”. 
Biggest 3 fish were between 20 and 21”.

Spoke with Eric who came down to say hi. Super nice guy. Said he's thinking of adding Lilly pads. 

As I was leaving at the end of the day, I saw several other members fishing the other lakes on the property. I personally thought that was very cool to see others members out fishing! Great end to a great day!

Oct 04 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Last time I fished it, which was a while ago, it had a good amount of American Pond Weed, which is optimal – Lily pads are fine, but his vegetation was good IMO.  Would like to see some brushpiles on the South end and coves if they haven’t been added already. 

Oct 04 2022

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Both boats are still on site.