Sep 23 2022

Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33849
Property Name : Cassidy Farms
Reservation Date : 09/21/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13 / 1 to 4
Lures Used : senko black n blue / red n black zman free rig ; zoom fluke; swimbait /keitech trailer/ ribbit frog (black)(white)

So, I would consider this a very good day of fishing.The coditions were not easy though. There was one heck of lot of “pond scum” (algae and moss mixture) throughout the entire lake, but especially on top. I was cleaning the lures probably a bit more than the actual time in the water. Another drawback was that there was heavy red sedge weed on the preimiter of the lake,  making bank fishing somewhat difficult, fishing over the weed ledge most of the time. There are some brakes in the weed perimiter though, but not many.

I decided to stick with bank fishing, and off the dock because i was a single, and the boat looked a bit tough to launch from the position it was in, high up in the deep weeds. So, all of that made it a bit difficult. But, on the very positive side, there are some great fish in this lake. I caught  13, and i would say, several were from 3 to 4 lbs. The fish fought hard and were biting  well, so this lake rates high for the fishing bounty. Good opportunity to get bites here! Another challenge  was the water being low. Seemed like more of the bank was exposed than more ‘normal’ times.

I would say the water was on the darker side of stain, but  definitely not chocolate. I started from the dock, caught 3 on senkos and a swimbait, went to other side, fished up and down that bank going north, caught 6 (black n blue senko and zoom fluke), and came back to dock to finish getting 4 more, before i left. Got a couple of good frog bites, but swung to early on my first one, and broke off on my second one. But at least there was a top water action. I did try to use a popper working around the algae, but it was no use. Treble hooks were not going to work.

So all in all, a very fun day, challenging, but I will be back, because the fish were very healthy ! Lots of fun.