Tarrence Gordwin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33823
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 09/14/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : bunch
Lures Used : tx rig, chatterbait, glide bait, swimjig

Decided to take a quick outing with a buddy to the very convenient Blue Rock Lake.  When we got to the bank we saw a large number of bluegill all around the bank but what surprised me the most was how big the catfish were; we could see them weaving through the lily pads in the clear water.  But we were there for bass and most of our bites came from the deep to shallow transitions but also came from hearing schooling on the surface and following those fish.

We caught a 5 pounder and a 3 pounder rifht off the bat, always nice to get an immediate payoff on a quick outing!  We caught lots more in the 1-2lb range before haeading back home.  I did have a couple of big bass follow my glide bait, that was wild!

Look forward to getting back to Wills Point again soon, love those lakes, lots of good fish there.

Sep 18 2022

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice report and Blue Rock has some chunks. With the water level back up, how was it launching the kayaks?  I know Eric has been spending a lot of time on the ramps but I haven't had a chance to check out the upgrades yet. 

Sep 19 2022

Tarrence Gordwin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Nice report and Blue Rock has some chunks. With the water level back up, how was it launching the kayaks?  I know Eric has been spending a lot of time on the ramps but I haven't had a chance to check out the upgrades yet. 

Hi Mike, the water is still a little low so we used the rock point to launch from…no problems at all.