brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 33073
Property Name : Frannies Lake
Reservation Date : 07/23/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 60+ cull to 6.7
Lures Used : swimjig , senko, crankbait, worms , black and blue and shad color

Well we started early 630 even though the cold front blew in it was still around 89 when we got started , We started catching fish first thing then my wife droped her cell phone in the lake, within 15 min of fishing . So this lake now has a reputation for taking cell phones. We did preaty good up til around lunch when I decided to kick my most exspensive rod and reel in the lake , I had about 3 sec to make a choice , so now im swimming and at this point I found out how old I am , trying to get back into the boat was alot harder than it sounds , so i made another choice to swim to the boat ramp and after barely making it I thought our day of fishing was over. We went back to fishing after lunch and everything calmed down and did preaty good , most of the fish were in the deeper water but  there were some in the shallows as well.The crapie were hitting crank baits and the bass were hitting the swimgjig . Most of the fish were 3.5 lbs ,but there were several 4 and 5 and one  6 pounder. I did not do as well as the last time I went to this lake but never the less with all the swimming and stuff it was a great , hot , day of fishing . love this property , oh yea with  the 17 we culled we  had a fish fry that night . 

Jul 26 2022

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Way to persevere Brian – glad you are safe and sound! And overall a great day of fishing!

Mark

Jul 26 2022

brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

Way to persevere Brian – glad you are safe and sound! And overall a great day of fishing!

Mark

Thanks mark ,it sounds kinda funny but it could have been bad real quick . 

Jul 27 2022

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By brian martin

Thanks mark ,it sounds kinda funny but it could have been bad real quick . 

Brian, you and Mark now have at least 1 thing in common…the cell phone, not the swimming.  Glad you are OK.  Remember, fishing gear can be replaced, but you can’t.  Glad you had a good fishing day on that great lake.

Jul 27 2022

Shane A. Beck

Fry

Number of Posts :

Did you get the rod back?

Jul 28 2022

brian martin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Shane A. Beck

Did you get the rod back?

Yes I did , lol ,it was a Shimano DC Antares 2021 on a fuse carbon rod .