Jun 20 2022

Bruce Browne

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32863
Property Name : Northeast Lake
Reservation Date : 06/18/2022 PM - 06/19/2022 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 21
Lures Used : Frogs, Carolina rig, swim jig with paddle tail, swim bait with blade

My wife and I spent an evening and morning fishing at Northeast Lake near Athens.  First time at this property really private and secluded.  Stayed the night in the cabin which is very comfortable.  My only critism was the TV as advertised does not work and no DVR.  If one advertises a TV it should work.  I was wanting to watch some of the US Open.  THis however has its silver lining as we enjoyed conversation under the stary night very quiet and peaceful.

Now fishing, best fishing was in the pm on Saturday started on the water around 6:30 pretty consistant until around 8:00.  Fished the entire lake all fish were caught toward the middle of the lake to the dam in about 8-15 feet of water.  90% were caught on swim baits with paddle tail or cajan bug.  No fish were caught near the shore off the weed beds.   Morning fishing was very spotty caught 4 fish, however the largest fish was caught during this time. Summer pattern in process as fish are moving to deeper water.  All fish were very health with most around 3-4 Ibs.  Largest was 5 Lbs. 12 oz. (pictured below).  Thanks to the owner and PWF to allow us to be on this property and enjoy the lake.  Did see a beaver as well.