James Mathis

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32917
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/09/2022 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 LMB to 3 lbs. 5 crappie 12-13 in
Lures Used : Crankbait, weightless trick worm, lizard, TX-rig worm

Weather was cloudy and just a nice little breeze, then sun came out about noon and it was time to go! Fish were holding pretty tight to cover, although caught some dinks and few decent bass patrolling. Twenty-two LMB, largest about 3 lbs. Combination of lipped crank running about 6 feet deep, some on weightless trick worm (bubble gum!), some on TX-rig ribbon tail worm. Like the last poster said, the crappie were aggressive on the crank. Caught several bass and a good crappie between the posts of the old boat dock.

Jun 14 2022

Markous Vinson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey James quick question what lure did you use for crappie & were they deep?

Jun 15 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

I would not be afraid to throw a trap or 4” shad colored swim bait in the middle of the lake. The lake is full of threadfin shad. Threadfin are open water fish. Don’t fish just the bank at Triple J. 

Jun 22 2022

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Interesting, I’ve thrown around the dock posts several times and never gotten bit. I’ve caught most of my better fish there to the left of the launch as you face the lake all the way to the last wood. 

Jun 22 2022

James Mathis

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Markous Vinson

Hey James quick question what lure did you use for crappie & were they deep?

I generally throw a Spro Little John medium depth. As Steve said, shad color works. They hammer it. I ususally catch the crappie in 5-10 feet of water.