May 23 2022

Jason Goth

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 32559
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 05/21/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 54 bass and 1 crappie
Lures Used : Black Zoom Trick Worm, Black and Blue Fleck Senko, Watermelon Candy Senko, Squarebill, and Buzzbait

Started the morning on East lake.  The wind was blowing hard (20+) out of the southeast and it was tough going.  I tried a swimbait, spinner, and squarebill along the southeast side and caught 1 on a the squarebill.  My brother caught 3 on a black/blue fleck texas riggeed, weightless senko - all in the 1.5-2.5 lb range. We figured we had to fight the wind to catch anything so we started from the top and worked down the northeast side.  Switched to a Texas rigged, black Zoom trick worm with a 3/8 weight to try and keep contact with the bait in the wind.  We caught 10 combined on the stretch in front of the old fence line between 10:00-10:30.  All good fish 2-3 lbs.  Then, moved down to the little cove just around the corner from the dock and caught 5.  2 were really nice: 1 over 4 lbs and 1 over 5 lbs.  

We took a break for lunch and went over to West lake.  The wind was still blowing but was a little more manageable.  We started on the south bank and worked down to the dam.  My brother caught 2 little fish on the senko.  We then worked the dam and the north shore and and caught 24 from 2:00-3:30.  All were good fish over 2 lbs several over 3lbs and a couple over 4.  Same black and blue fleck or watermelon candy senko and Zoom black trick worm Texas rigged.  Nothing else seem to work as well.    We had to be on the road at 4:00 so we thought we’d just try to throw buzz baits over all the thick grass on the east side for 15 mins and it was crazy.  We caught 10 bass and 1 large, aggressive crappie in just under 15 minutes.  We probably missed another 10.  That was really fun – too bad we had to head home.

Really great property.  We didn’t have any trouble with the roads/paths as mentioned in the description.  We will definitely be back.