Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31198
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 04/13/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Total 64, 6.2 Big Bass Multiple 3 & 4Lbs
Lures Used : Varied

This Is Not Going To Be The Usual Fishing Report, It’s More Of A Very Appreciated Huge Thank You 
To The Guys At At The Bluffs Of Sandy Shores, Mike & Milton And Sorry I Don’t Remember The Other Gentlemens Name,
And John And Steve.
I Made A Costly Mistake,  100% My Fault And I Should Have Known Better But Was Not Thinking And In A Hurry.
I No Sooner Got Launched And Was About 10 To 15 Feet Off The Ramp In My Ultra-Skiff And Had Forgot My Seat Was Adjusted At Full Heigth 
I Leaned Over To Drop The Trolling Motor And Already Being Top Heavy And With A Strong Wind The Skiff Capsized.
My Tackle Box’s And Rods Were Saved And Most Everything Else, However I Lost My Eyeglasses And A Few Other Items.
So After The Initial Shock And A Whole Lot Of Words I Will Leave To Your Imagination, I Gathered Up All My Water Logged Equipment With The Help Of
My Fishing Partners John Freeman & Steve Scanlon.
Finally Got Out And Started Getting In Some Fishing, Let Me Tell You What, Trying To Thread The Hook Eye Is A Challenge When Your Tri Focals Are At The Bottom Of The Lake.
But Did Start Getting Into Some Very Consistant Fish Avg Size 3 To 4 LBS.
The 3 Of Us Had To Get Off The Lake When A Large Thunder Storm Rolled Through, Heavy Rain & Lightning Kept Us Out For About 45 Minutes. 
After We Hit The Lake Again I Started Noticeing My Trolling Motor Was Acting Up, Started Loosing Power, I Knew both Batteries Were Fully Charged
So The Worry Set In And Shortly After I Was Dead In The Water As Another Short Lived Thunderstorm Rolled Through.
John Had To Come Get Me And Tow Me Back,  At First We Thought The Batteries Were The Problem And After Using A Third Battery 
And Having The Same Issue Of Loss Of Power I Began To Think The Capsize Has Damaged The Trolling Motor.
Now I Think It’s The Worst Of Both Worlds And Believe It’s A Combination Of Both Motor And Batteries That Didn’t  Hold Up To Being Submurged.
Anyway My Day Was Done For.
Milton And The Other Gentleman Offered For Me To Use The Bluffs  Pontoon Boat, Battery And Trolling Motor So I Could Continue To Fish
They Were Extremely Helpful With Everything And Again I Very Much Appreciate The Offer, But At This Point I Just Wanted To Count My Losses As 
A Costly Mistake, Pack Up Tuck Tail  And Head Out…
So Not Long After I Left John Called Me, Seems Mike Came Down To The Boat Ramp In A Wet Suit And Started Searching The Area That I Turned Over In About 
6 Foot Of Water, He Found Some Of The Lost Items Including My Tri Focal Glasses, What A Relief This Was.
As Bad As It Is It Could Have Been Alot Worse And I Know Now The Mistake I Made That Caused This Major Screw Up  (Feeling Stupid)
All I Can Say Is These Guy’s At The Bluffs Are Outstanding And Will Do Whatever They Can To Make Sure Your Fishing Trip Is As Successful As Possible
Thank You Guy’s So Much, It Will Not Go Unforgotten.. I Will No Doubt Be Back.
And Thank You Once Again To John & Steve It’s Good To Have Friends That You Can Count On..
Take Care Ya’ll Fish Safe.

Apr 14 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Wow!  Glad you are ok – the winds have been brutal lately.  If you ever need to borrow anything like a trolling motor – I hope you know you can always hit me up, swing by, and grab mine for a day or two.  

All the best Scott,

Joshua

Apr 14 2022

Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Wow!  Glad you are ok – the winds have been brutal lately.  If you ever need to borrow anything like a trolling motor – I hope you know you can always hit me up, swing by, and grab mine for a day or two.  

All the best Scott,

Joshua

Thank You Sir, I’m Hoping Taking The Housing Off The Motor And Letting Air Dry May Resolve This.
Atleast I’m Praying It Will.
But I Will Be Down A Little While, Not Long.