Blake Posey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 31316
Property Name : Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/23/2022 AM - 02/23/2022 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 25 up to 4.0 lbs
Lures Used : Sprinnerbait

Before scheduling the trip, I checked the weather and BassForcast app and both looked good. Cold front was supposed to come in mid to late morning and would slowly cool off when I was getting ready to leave. Lord did the weather man get it wrong. Cold front started blowing in the afternoon before and it went from 85 Tuesday to 36 Wednesday morning when I got to the Lake with 18-30 mph winds.

6:45 am, I pulled up to the dock area and started putting on my 4 layers of clothing. Forgot gloves but had to push through. Water was dingy due to the crazy wind pushing straight towards the dock. Caught a good fish on my third cast parralleling the bank on a white and chartreuse spinnerbait with a gold willow and small Red/Orange Colorado blade. Never picked up another rod.  Continued the same pattern all around the lake catching about 25 good bass. Nothing under the 14” limit and biggest was 4 lbs.

Banked fished the whole time due to the crazy wind, which didnt bother me as the fish were biting within 15 feet of the bank.

The wind blown south bank was best with the greatest concentration of fish by the boat ramp and dock area. Caught 7 fish on the boat ramp throughout morning. Did not throw a single other lure as the spinnerbait caught them all morning. Left the fish biting due to the cold weather.

Bank fishing is great as the grass is kept down by the live stock. Im not a fly fisherman but fly fishing from the bank would be easy as there are few trees around majority of Lake.  Beautiful property with easy access off the road. I will be back to this property this spring/summer.