Marshall Hogue

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30963
Property Name : BlackJack Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/19/2022 All Day - 01/19/2022 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 18
Lures Used : Multiple baits

My son Tyler and I fished Wednesday 1/19. Started around 8 am to cloudy overcast weather and fished till  2:30.

We caught 18 with 6 throwbacks. Ended the day with a double, mine was around 3 1/2# and his was smaller in length but much fatter than mine.

another fun day on the water.

Jan 22 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Gotta love a good double, Marshall! Looking for places to fish with my sons too (14, 11, 7). Any recommendations?

Jan 24 2022

Marshall Hogue

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Merlin Talley

Gotta love a good double, Marshall! Looking for places to fish with my sons too (14, 11, 7). Any recommendations?

Merlin,

heartbrand and rock chimney are both user friendly with good bank fishing. Post oak in Bryan is also a good lake with a pontoon that is easy to fish off of.

Tyler and I have been fishing since he was very young and have some great memories.

good luck, 

Jan 24 2022

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Marshall Hogue

Merlin,

heartbrand and rock chimney are both user friendly with good bank fishing. Post oak in Bryan is also a good lake with a pontoon that is easy to fish off of.

Tyler and I have been fishing since he was very young and have some great memories.

good luck, 

I second Post Oak – my 12yo daughter had a blast and caught a bunch of fish on a ned rig

Jan 30 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Marshall Hogue

Merlin,

good luck, 

Thank you, Marshall! I'll check out Post Oak too. Have fun continuing to make those memories!

Jan 30 2022

Merlin Talley

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

I second Post Oak – my 12yo daughter had a blast and caught a bunch of fish on a ned rig

Thanks, Joshua! Sounds like Post Oak is a must-visit after both you and Marshall agree. Guess it's time to teach my kiddos how to fish the Ned Rig. Until now, they've only thrown bladed jigs, swimbaits, flukes, and underspins.