Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30336
Property Name : Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/09/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 42 LMB 12-18"
Lures Used : Whopper Plopper, Plastic Sticks, Flukes & Lipless CB

What a difference from my first trip last April when the tank was chock full of weeds...the weeds are essentially gone and the fish were biting. The tank is full (the waterline right up to the base of the dock), and the water stained with about 1ft visibility and 65F.

Arrived at dawn under cloudy skies and the bite just got better as the day progressed. Fished from the bank and left them biting for the drive back to Htown at 4pm. Caught 42 with most in the 14-16” range and a couple between 16-18”. I also landed a shad on a nose hooked fluke (see pic). A first for me since joining the club. LOL

I started at the dam with an assortment of techniques with no success, and moved counterclockwise around the tank. Hit paydirt with 5 nice bass at sunrise in the first major creek arm on the blk whopper plopper. When that bite died they started hitting my red lipless crank, wacky and trig grn pump sticks and shad colored flukes. Caught 15 by noon as I made my way up to the shallow portion of the tank. Started to get a south wind at noon that really picked up the bite especially northern end of the tank around each of the earth jetties and the mouth of the creek. Finished the afternoon working my way back to the dock with action all along the west bank and dam. The fish were pretty much all holding within 5’ of the bank all day.

Bob

Nov 10 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice work Bob – love the cart tail on the two toned fluke!