Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30231
Property Name : Flying J
Reservation Date : 11/07/2021 PM - 11/07/2021 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 51 - all small
Lures Used : variety but most caught on lipless crankbaits

I was able to take a friend who does not get to fish much.  Knowing this was a numbers lake that we could walk made it feel like the best choice for just a few hours. 

We started fishing around 12:30 and caught only 1 on a buzzbait in the first hour and a half or so.  Wind was strong, but not too limiting.  We planned to walk all the way around by heading north from the parking area.  In my previous trip here, I remember being able to walk all the way.  However, what appears to be a new fence did not allow full access for walking on this occasion. Getting to the NE corner and noticing the barrier, we turned around and headed the other way.  As we finally got to the west bank we caught a few and ended up spending the next couple of hours catching fish within about a 10 yard span of shoreline. 

Basically we caught 50 small bass in about 2.5 hours.  Most were caught standing in one spot.  While some were close to the bank, most bites came by launching the lipless crankbaits as far as possible and burning them just under the surface.  While the bass were all small, at least we were able to get long fights because of how far out they were biting.  At times, we got 3 and 4 in a row.  We also got a few on belly-weight swimbaits and flukes.  I caught one on a finesse jig as well.

While our time there was limited and fish were all small, it was certainly worth the trip to get out and catch numbers.  

Nov 08 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Burning a lipless is a fun way to fish.  You can feel the rattle and then it stops when they whack it or if you pause.   When you are in a boat you can fish it almost like a jig to pick up bigger fish but can't really do that from shore.  Fun times