Oct 10 2021

Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29904
Property Name : Tara lake
Reservation Date : 10/09/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Total = 11 3X4+ LBS 2X3+ LBS 6X Dinks To 2 + LBS
Lures Used : Crank Bait, Chatter bait, Top Water Early, Swim Jig Brush Piles. Carolina Rig Craw In The Deeper Water In The Afternoon

Fished With PWF Member John Freeman

October And Still In Full Swing Summer Weather Pattern

Arrived And On The Water At First Light
A.M. 72*   P.M. 91*
Very Light To No Cloud Cover
A.M. Wind 5-10+ MPH..  P.M.12 To 20+ MPH.
Water  Temps  71 To 76
Water Clearity,  Murky  Approx 1FT
Lake Level Down  4 To 5 Ft.

We Knew Going Into The Day It Might Be A Bit Of A Challenge Going By The Forecasted Temps And Winds
But The Bigger Challenge Was The Fact That The Water Level Is Down To The Point That About 20 To 25 % Of The Normal 
Fishing Area’s Can’t Be Accessed Because It’s Either To Shallow Or Even Dry Land Now.
The Average Depth Right Now Is  2 To 4 Foot, And At The Deepest Area Near The Damn Only 8 Foot Max,
However We Must Move On To The Hunt..
John Boated  A Nice 3LB fish Early On A Crank Bait Near A Post, As I Was Having Difficulties Trying To Even Get A Bump.
John Had Landed Another Couple Of Smaller Fish By The Time I Found That A Shad Color Swim Jig Seem To Be Gaining Some Attention
As I Boated 4 Smaller Fish From The Damn Area Brush Piles...
All 3 Of The 4+LBS Fish Came After A Break In The Action In The Later Part Of The Day, As John Landed His On A Chatter Bait And I Got My 2 On A Carolina Rig Craw In The Deeper Area By The Damn.
Yes It Was Slow Today And The Numbers Could Have Been Much Better, But It Was Still Great To Be Out There.
Just Keep In Mind That Tara Needs A  Substantial Amount Of Rain Fall Or You Will Be Fishing In Very Shallow Conditions..

Keep The Lines Tight
&
Stay Fishing My Friends..