Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29964
Property Name : Flying J
Reservation Date : 10/07/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 42 total (1) 4lb 6oz (1) 3lb (2) 2lb
Lures Used : Kicknocker, swimming z craw, chatterbait

Got to lake just after sunrise at 7:36am and bank fished the entire lake till 11:30am.  

By mistake I parked my car by the wrong boat when I first got there. Turns out that's was 1 of 2 hotspots on the lake and where I caught 4 of the largest for the day, literally right in front of the smaller boat. There is eel grass that has a little break and they would clobber the z craw every time I ran it on the edge or in the channel.  3rd fish of the day was the 4lb 6oz beauty which I had hooked with topwater but she buried me in the grass and got off. But I followed up with the z craw and landed her.

The owner stopped by first thing to see how I was doing and to show me where the larger boat and boat ramp was.  He kindly asked me to park by the ramp and walk the property from there. So after relocating I worked the West Bank. Got about 1/3 the way up and found the next hotspot, there was some matted grass about 50yds out and I could just get my trig zcraw out there. As soon as I started swimming it they'd either smash it right away or pick it up right before it made it to shore.

Nothing else on the nw side so walked all the way back to where I started and picked up a handful to wrap up my morning.

The last pic shows the importance of harvesting as this fish looks way too skinny.

My bass forecast showed "good" for today so had to get out there despite the bluebird skies. Luckily there was a light breeze to give a little chop to the water.

Oct 07 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Those are some good fish for that lake!