Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29815
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 09/19/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 bass
Lures Used : Weightless Craws, and 1oz Punch Rigs

Angel Lake is one of my favorite spots in the DFW PWF network. Selfishly, it’s relatively close to where I live and I travel up and down 35 many times a week so it’s easy for me to hop off and have an afternoon on the water. It’s so easy to walk circles around the lake to bank fish with ease. I have seen a few snakes but doesn’t bother me a bit. The frog activity is also pretty wild to see.

The water was lower than I have seen it before but actually made for targeting the shallow bass much easier. This was the most successful trip to Angel I have had since joining PWF in May. I think it’s a precursor for the cooler bites of the year! 11 Largemouth Bass that were feisty. All ranged from 2.8 to 3.9 pounds. No culls either! Great day of fishing. One beauty was right at 3LBS and was just over 19” long! I imagine when she fills out for Spawn she’d easily go 5+ LBS.

The “left shoulder” of the Angel had them all stacked up hiding in the thick grass. Normally grass is tough to work with but I’ve really been practicing my “Punching” technique with a 1oz tungsten weight on a weedless craw – it paid off! As soon as you punched through the mat and twitched the rod a few times you’d get hammered. 50LB braid helped pull through them through the grass. All beautiful and seemingly very healthy fish!

The other successful technique was slow rolling a bright orange or black/blue craws on weightless TR and just slowly cruising in and around the grassy areas. Allowing it to float up and down through the water column really seemed to get a lot of reaction bites.

This property is always so well maintained with ease of access that I’ll continue to fish here no matter the time of year!

Sep 21 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I really like that lake and the bass are really mean SOB’s.