Action at Flying J

Sep 20 2021

Tim Macmanus

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29803
Property Name : Flying J
Reservation Date : 09/19/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 23 total. 21 less than 14 inches. 1 about 2.2 lbs. another about 3 lbs.
Lures Used : Senko, Crickhopper, Spinner Bait, 1 inch rainbow crank bait, top water Frogger

Arrive about 2:30pm. Got launched and started catching bass right away. I was most successful with a crickhopper and a senko although other lures worked as well. Got stuck in the algae one time with my trolling motor. Took about 10 minutes of go and stop to get out. Would be nice to have an oar so you could paddle out. Caught fish all over the lake but usually on the edge of the vegetation or brush. I did especially well on the norhtwest corner on a line of willows that were underwater. Caught about 10 fish around there. Bring a cord to tie the boat to trees so you don’t drift. Wind was light to calm so did not drift dramatically but it would be nice to be tied to a couple of the trees available. Water was clear for about 3-4 feet. A decent amount of vegetation in the lake. It says you can fish from the shore but I believe it would be a chore to do so. Between vegetation in the water and on the bank, you would have to put in some serious effort to fish from shore. Boat worked great and had no problems handling it by myself. Even though it was hot, it was a fun day with ;plenty of fish to be caught. If you have a youngster you want to catch bass, bring them here. They will catch fish. Not big ones but they will catch fish. Ended up culling 21 under 14 inches.