Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 29723
Property Name : Tear Drop Lakes
Reservation Date : 09/10/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20 total - biggest went 4lb 15oz
Lures Used : Kicknocker pup, z craw, drop shot

First cast right at the break of dawn and wrapped up at 11:30. Air temps were in the 60’s but water was still warm with steam rising.  Dead slick conditions so started with topwater. Got 4-5 blow ups on a frog but couldn't get hooked up so switched to a junior walking bait with the teckel kicknocker pup in sake bomber color. Picked up 2 decent ones and they both t-boned it, hook in each corner of the mouth.  
Worked west bank from dam to shallow end but no other takers. Moved to swimming a z craw and picked up 8 more.

Headed to upper most tear drop and had to park car and walk down to dock. Grass is pretty high, up to mid thigh, so didn't want to risk getting stuck. Fished from dock for 30 mins working deep middle and dam but no luck. 

Headed back to lower tear drop and slowed down with the drop shot using a green pumpkin magic trick worm and picked up 6 more, mainly dinks though.  Finished out with 4 more on the z craw including the big girl of the day at 4 lbs 15 oz.

Sep 11 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

If I had one color to use in soft plastic, it would be green magic (green with gold flake).  Lower tear is my favorite of the three, always catch the most out of the one.  

Sep 13 2021

Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

If I had one color to use in soft plastic, it would be green magic (green with gold flake).  Lower tear is my favorite of the three, always catch the most out of the one.  

Agreed, green pumpkin magic and watermelon red are a deadly 1 2 punch for the zoom trick worm.