Jul 12 2021

Casey Wolters

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28642
Property Name : Shady Grove
Reservation Date : 07/09/2021 PM - 07/11/2021 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 20 LMB, 1 @ 6lbs, 2 @ 5lbs, 3 @ 3lbs, 14 under 3lbs
Lures Used : Booyah pad crasher style frogs (light and dark), Green stick baits on Texas rig

Great weekend trip with my youngest son.  Arrived late Friday and left at noon on Sunday.  We stayed at the cabin which was great and met the owner who was very nice and accommodating.  Fished a little Friday evening with frogs and caught a few (biggest was 3 lbs).  Fished Saturday day dragging Texas rigged worms and my son caught his PB at 5lb 4oz on a Zoom Z Craw Worm California 420 from the bank.  We caught 4 more from 1 to 3 lbs on a variety of green worms, a couple from the bank and a couple from kayaks.  Saturday evening fished with pad crasher style frogs and my son caught his first frog fish and it was 4lbs 14ozs!  We caught 5 more in the 1 to 3 range.  Sunday morning we fished frogs and caught a 3.5lb LMB.  We switched to worms around 10 and first cast my son caught his new PB at 6lbs on the same Z Craw Worm.  We caught dinks for the rest of the late morning on worms.  We’d probably leave the kayaks home next time, especially in the summer.  We only went out on them one time.  There is a ton of accessible bank to fish from and that’s where we found the bigger fish.  The vegetation was super thick (you can see in the picks) and the water was clear.  Bring your bug spray, weedless rigs and heavy braid.  Needless to say we had a blast and couldn’t wipe the smiles off our faces with all the big fish my son caught! 

Jul 12 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Those are some good looking fish! 

Jul 13 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great day!

Jul 13 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Casey, your report has me interested! Lol. I've booked for this weekend. Is the cabin easy to find? It  doesn't look like there is any information on the confirmation page. Any info will help! Thanks!

Jul 13 2021

Casey Wolters

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Jones

Casey, your report has me interested! Lol. I've booked for this weekend. Is the cabin easy to find? It  doesn't look like there is any information on the confirmation page. Any info will help! Thanks!

That was actually a little difficult.  They really need to include more instructions or a follow up email on the cabin after you book.  You need to go in a separate entrance for the cabin (see attached pic).  The cabin gate was locked and we couldn’t get it open.  I’d definitely check on the cabin first thing when you arrive.  The PWF guys ended up getting the owner out to open the gate.  Also, the water was off when we arrived.  We later learned from the owner they were having a problem with a leak.  It was turned on thanks to a call to PWF as well.  I think we likely experienced a one off scenario.  I’d definitely book the cabin again.  Window unit A/C was cold enough, full kitchen, nice couches, no TV which was no problem for us.  T-Mobile had 1 or 2 bars the whole time we were there.  

Orientation for the picture…The arrow points to the cabin entrance gate and the cabin itself is circled.  The coordinates in the bottom right indicate the entrance to the ponds.  I believe the owner lives in the house across from the cemetery in the top left.  Real nice guy and told us to come knock on his door if we had any issues.

One extra detail about our experience fishing last weekend, we parked on the spot indicated on the map where the three easy to fish ponds come together.  Rotating around those corners on the bank was where we caught the biggest fish.  Have a fun trip!

Jul 14 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Casey Wolters

That was actually a little difficult.  They really need to include more instructions or a follow up email on the cabin after you book.  You need to go in a separate entrance for the cabin (see attached pic).  The cabin gate was locked and we couldn’t get it open.  I’d definitely check on the cabin first thing when you arrive.  The PWF guys ended up getting the owner out to open the gate.  Also, the water was off when we arrived.  We later learned from the owner they were having a problem with a leak.  It was turned on thanks to a call to PWF as well.  I think we likely experienced a one off scenario.  I’d definitely book the cabin again.  Window unit A/C was cold enough, full kitchen, nice couches, no TV which was no problem for us.  T-Mobile had 1 or 2 bars the whole time we were there.  

Orientation for the picture…The arrow points to the cabin entrance gate and the cabin itself is circled.  The coordinates in the bottom right indicate the entrance to the ponds.  I believe the owner lives in the house across from the cemetery in the top left.  Real nice guy and told us to come knock on his door if we had any issues.

One extra detail about our experience fishing last weekend, we parked on the spot indicated on the map where the three easy to fish ponds come together.  Rotating around those corners on the bank was where we caught the biggest fish.  Have a fun trip!

That is some good information! Thanks so much, Casey!!