TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28536
Property Name : Deer Trail Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/19/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 55
Lures Used : Texas rig, crankbait, spinnerbait, swimbait, senko

We got out on the water around 130 pm and fished until 7 pm or so. The heat was almost unbearable but catching fish made it worthwhile. We made sure we brought a lot of ice and drinks. The ramp area has lots of shade if you needed to take a lunch or break. Anyways, my wife and little girl also got into the action. We were quite impressed how hard these bass pulled. It was hard to tell what size bass you were going to catch until you reel them closer to the boat. Even then the small ones would make big runs at the boat. Water clarity was about 1- 1.5 ft. and I think most fish were caught in 4-7 ft of water. The lake was covered with moss and hydrilla on the perimeter. I didn’t try to punch the moss cover but I know fish were buried up in it. I tried a deeper part of the lake with no takers. We ended up catching 54 bass plus 1 crappie and harvested 25 bass. The drive from the metroplex was fun and access from the entry gate was quick and easy. I believe this will be a big bass haven in 2-3 years with the right harvest. Thank you PWF and pond owners!

Jun 21 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Love to see other ‘fishing families’  – nice work!

Jun 21 2021

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Love to see other ‘fishing families’  – nice work!

Thank you, it’s funny how my wife didn’t like to fish or ever been fishing until she married me. Now I can’t go fishing without her. If there was a stopping point, she will keep right on fishing beyond it. I would almost have to ask her for the fishing rod for us to leave haha.