Jun 05 2021

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28733
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 06/03/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 fish from 2-4 lbs.
Lures Used : Jerkbait, Baby 1-, Whopper Plopper, deep diving crankbait, Jack Hammer chatterbait

Caught a break in the weather so brother Jerry and I fished Blue Rock Lake Thursday June 3rd

Arrived before dawn. Spent some time trying to figure out where to launch. The boat launch area was mushy from rain so we launched from the side near the dirt road, which went well. Started fishing around 6:45 with topwaters, casught a small bass on w Whopper Plopper. Not much topwater action happening so we went to deeper lures. In all we used a silver Jerkbait, chrome Baby 1-, white 90 Whopper Plopper, shad colored deep diving crankbait, chartreuse white Jack Hammer chatterbait, white magnum fluke, and a Tokyo rig with reddish brown crawworm. Best action was along the north shore where the big water pump is. Most were caught 15-20 feet from shore but one 4 pounder was caught out in the middle with a deep diving crankbait. The lake depth drops off quickly from shore, sometimes 20 ft deep just 20 ft from shore. The launch area end slopes off more gradually but 120-150 feet from the launch are it drops to 20 ft deep then reached 35 ft deep at the other end. 

Jerry caught two four pounders and I caught 4 a little smaller. So I caught the first and the most but he caught the biggest – we all won. LOL All the fish were very healthy and scrappy. Water temp was 79 degrees, mostly clear to 4 ft, only vegetation was near the shoreline. No trouble navigating. 

Talked with Eric the owner for awhile. Very nice guy! He’s happy to have us there and I told him we appreciated him having us out there. He’s wanting to continue to make improvements as time and funds permit, and he may have another small lake nearby available to us. 

It’s great having another nice lake close to Dallas. I’m sure we will be there again.