Misty rainy day

May 23 2021

David Holden

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28604
Property Name : Travis Lake - (Formerly Flying M)
Reservation Date : 05/22/2021 AM - 05/22/2021 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 LMB mostly 1.5-2lb, 1 fish 4lb
Lures Used : White and chartreuse spinner, and shad colored jig with bandito bug trailer.

I wasn't sure how the fishing was going to go due to all the rain we've been getting.  I fished here a half day, and this place did not disappoint.  I fished from the bank and was able to get around the whole lake.  I read in one report about the cows being friendly, and that is an accurate statement.  They followed us from the gate and watched me catch a few, before they went about their day.

My day was made when I hooked into a nice 4lb bass over at the dam.  I will definitely be back to this lake, and will say this was a great first trip for me after joining PWF!

May 24 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hi David,

Congrats on the 4 pounder! I’ve herard there are some toads in there!!

I’ll be fishing there in a few days and was wondering how muddy it was. I noticed you bank fished and that’s what i figured i’d be doing sice we have had all this rain. Really just curious about getting stuck in the mud! Any info would be appreciated!

John

Jun 03 2021

David Holden

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Jones

Hi David,

Congrats on the 4 pounder! I’ve herard there are some toads in there!!

I’ll be fishing there in a few days and was wondering how muddy it was. I noticed you bank fished and that’s what i figured i’d be doing sice we have had all this rain. Really just curious about getting stuck in the mud! Any info would be appreciated!

John

John thought I had responded to this the other day, but apparently not.  The bank wasn’t very muddy, but my feet were soaked due to the tall grass.  Around the spillways it was muddy, but that wasn’t hard to get around.  Hope you slayed them, or will when you get to go.