Matt DeLorenzo

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27027
Property Name : Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/30/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18 fish largest being 2.7
Lures Used : Plastics

Heartbrand Ranch is a beautiful property and an easy drive from Austin.     We hit Lockhart on the way down and grabbed some BBQ before we fished.  I highly recommend it and buy a bit xtra which makes for a nice afternoon snack on the lake.

We arrived around 12:30, while I got us setup my  13 year old son caught his first fish off the bank on his 2nd cast.    The boat is quality and good size for 2-4 people. Thank you to the previous member who left the boat in a nice spot and clean.     We shoved off and made our way out a bit and then realized I forgot to bring my anchor.    As it was a windy day we needed one to have any chance to effective fishing.    We fished for a bit but didn't have much luck as we were at the mercy of the wind and our trolling motor to try and keep us in a good spot.    We abandoned the boat and fished off the bank for the remainder of the day.  It was highly fruitful and fun.  We caught 16 fish off the bank & dock next to the boat ramp largest being 2.7lbs.   Most were good size and we were using a Texas rig as there was a bit of grass we had to manage.    Spinners and Buzz baits were not effective for us.  

The best part of the day is when the property owner came out and said hello and offered us some of his Heartbrand beef jerkey which was it excellent!!!  We struck up a discussion about his place and the Akaushi cattle that populate the ranch.    He then offered to take us for a tour of the property on his Polaris and we saw all of the 300+ acres which was beautiful.  The story gets a bit better as he asked if I have had their Heartbrand steaks before specifically Akaushi and I kindly said I have not.     He dropped us off and we continued to fish fir a bit and enjoy the day.  The wind died down and the sun broke through the clouds which made it an another amazing day in Texas being it was January.    To my surprise the owner came back with a 20oz think cut Akaushi steak for me and my son to take home!!!   Amazing!   And it was amazing as we finshed the day grilling out a steak at home.   

This is one of the better properties I have visited with PWF and we will for sure be back!    

Feb 01 2021

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Welcome to club!

One of the things I love about this club is meeting the land owners, most of whom are top notch, good people and good stewards of their land.