Jeremy Besson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26408
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 11/14/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28- 1/3 lbs
Lures Used : Chatterbait/ 10 inch worms/ spinners, creature

My wife and I fished Trinity Lakes on 11/14. Based on all the reviews we arrived early just after 7:00 am and went straight to Comanche to try our luck. We easily launched our 10 foot bass raider and looked forward to great fishing. The wind was absolutely brutal and we only landed one fish in 45 mins trying to navigate with the wind. We decided to dock the boat and try our luck bank fishing. In the next 3:15 minutes we managed 3 more bass all around 1-1.5 lbs but couldn't figure out a pattern at all. The algae is really bad when bank fishing and every time we reeled in our lures/baits were covered! We also tried fishing from the dock, but beware! Walking out on the dock one of the boards broke under my foot and caused a nice little fall. After that I wouldn't let my wife try it out. A little discouraged we decided to give one of the other lakes a try. 

we decided on Goose  and bc of the previous reviews we tied on weedless flukes and 10 inch ribbon tails. My wife instantly started catching on ribbon tails. We walked the entire property for the next 4 hours picking up 22 beautiful fish. They ranged from 1.5-2.6 lbs and were all great fighters. Half way around the lake we were greeted by the most beautiful horses coming down to get a drink. This lake def changed our outlook of this gorgeous property and produced even in horrible wind. We did try Arrowhead, but very tough to fish. My wife did pickup 1 bass and it was the biggest of the day 3.16 lbs. 

Overall we had a wonderful day fishing despite the tough wind conditions and will def be back! This is a must see property for sure! 

Nov 17 2020

Jeff Cavitt

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Arrowhead is where the average catch is larger. You can catch fish along the dam. However, you need to use a boat to get to the main channel. Stay weightless because of the vegetation.  I will be going back there.