Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26357
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 11/07/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 Bass 3 crappie 1 bream
Lures Used : All Flies

Fished Bluebonnet this am with my buddy and guest Brett Stalkup.  What a great morning.  When we arrived at dawn the lake was covered in fog and the sunrise through the fog was stunning.  Brett is relatively new to fly fishing and had not yet caught a bass on the fly - that changed this morning.  Brett ended up with 5 nice bass and 1 nice crappie on the floppy rod.  He is now sold on both Private Waters and fly fishing.  We ended up with 14 bass 3 crappie and 1 bream for the morning.  As the sun rose the fog burned off and the water was clear and we could see lots of fish flushing out of the vegetation - some of them were really nice bass.  We caught 4 or 5 bass early in the fog on top water poppers and the remainder on black wooly buggers.  Most of the bass were caught near shore or shallow near the bank and Brett and I took turns fishing from the bank and off my paddleboard.  Great morning!

Nov 09 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Those are some beautiful pics Kevin!  Glad you and Brett had a nice day and even better you have him sold on fly fishing and PWF.  Thanks, Scott