Good Day on the Moon!

Sep 08 2020

David Partlow

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25663
Property Name : Backside of the Moon Lake
Reservation Date : 09/05/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 21 total: 1 - 3.2 lb.; 4 - between 2.1 & 2.3 lbs.; 5 - 12" - 14", the rest were dinks.
Lures Used : The only lure I used was a super salt plus brush hog, green pumpkin magic.

Day started at 8:30 a.m. Water was stained. Must have rain a few days before. No bites till after 11 a.m. Then they turned on. Caught 10 in a row throwing to a big rock barely in the water, pulled it back while it was in shallow water, then I could feel the brush hog drag down a good drop off and across some small rocks, and then they just picked it up and ran with it. All sizes on those first 10 at that spot. Then I would leave the rock and fish up and down the banks, both sides and just dragged it across the middle of the pond long ways, only caught one-two on each side and none deep. By then it was almost 5 p.m. and it looked like rain, so I went to the rock one more time, and that is where I caught the big one, no monster, but a 3.2 lbs. was a nice way to finish the day. By myself and no way to hold fish up and out as I am a small guy, all you would see is it head. didn't want to lay it down on metal boat seat. does anyone have a way to deal with that when you are short and not very strong? I always fish alone.