Chris Violette

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25138
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 07/05/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 37/ All under 3 lbs
Lures Used : Shinny Spinners and Flukes

Another great trip to Trinity Lakes. My son and I started at Comanche. The fish were a little more selective this trip.  We consistently got bites on watermelon flukes all around the lake.  We spent a couple of hours here and left after we collectively caught 10 fish. They were all around a pound to a pound & a half.  We, then, went to Arrowhead. My son caught 4 fish off the dam area on the first pass. He was throwing a watermelon brush hog.  We went around the east side of the lake and threw into the timbers.  We caught another dozen. Most of the fish were near the 2 lbs range with the largest being 2.8. We took a break and I returned back in the evening to fish bank Goose Lake.  I had been wanting to fish it, but the last time was to tired and hot to spend any time there. I only fished the dam and fished around the coontail.  I only threw shinny spinners and flukes.  I pulled 16 bass ranging from small to almost 3 pounds. The fish here are fun to catch and put up a lot of fight.  I wish more of this lake was able to be fished, but I thoroughly enjoyed fishing what I could.