Richard Christy

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24753
Property Name : Jones Lake
Reservation Date : 06/06/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 LMB Largest 2lb 12 oz Lots of Bluegill Largest 11 inches
Lures Used : Topwater, TX Rigged Kut Tail Worm, Junebug U-Tail Finesse Worm

Got to Jones Lake from Dallas about 7:30 and was fishing by 8:00AM.  Beautiful morning with a light breeze out of the East that picked up during the morning.  I really wanted to practice with my fly rod and tried a black popper and black wooly bugger.  Caught several on the popper, one was 11" and the others small.  When the bluegill stopped hitting, changed to a topwater plug and caught a couple LMB.  Then changed to soft plastics. The bite was real soft, could barley feel them. I'm sure I missed some. One got almost to the boat before I even realizes he was on.  Caught the largest on a small U-Tail Junebug worm fished finesse style, 2lb 12 oz.  After lunch it was pretty slow and I pulled off the lake about 3:45.  The bite may have picked up later in the evening, but I needed to head home.  

The day was a little slow, but there will be great days on this small lake.  Derek Jones, the owner, came to check on me as I was cleaning up, a real nice guy.  He's working hard to improve the lake and grow big fish.  All in all another great day.  I hope to come back.