Evan Wall

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23445
Property Name : Kickapoo Lake
Reservation Date : 03/22/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 / 2.1 - 3.5
Lures Used : Chatterbait & Spinnerbait

My son and I fished Kickapoo on Sunday 3/22. Had planned to use the club boat but there had been a ton of rain and didn’t feel comfortable driving within 75 yards of the boat as it was really muddy. I also didn’t feel like dragging a battery 75 yards to the boat so we just bank fished from 2:30-6:00. Overcast and a little mist early on but cleared up a bit with no wind. The water level was very high but not terribly cloudy. Caught a total of 15, which included two culls. Also lost a few at the bank. All were between 2.1-3.5 and fought hard. Quite a bit of grass in the shallows. Caught one on a white/chartreuse spinnerbait and all the others were caught on a chatterbait – a couple on black/blue and the rest on white w/ white & chartreuse fluke trailers. Almost all of them hit within 10 feet of the bank. Pretty lake. We caught most on the stretch of the lake where you park. Unfortunately, due to high water we weren’t able to access the opposite side of the lake but hope to go back soon. Visited for a while with the gentleman that leases the grazing rights and he mentioned that he’s seen some really nice bass pulled from the lake.