Stephen Johnston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21792
Property Name : Angel Lake
Reservation Date : 07/13/2019 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20/1.5-4.25
Lures Used : Frog, Senko Texas Rig, Senko Wacky Rig, Fluke

My son and I fished a half day at Angel Lake today.  Started about 6:30 and went until noon.  When we arrived we saw a lot of activity on the surface with bass busting all over.  We skipped launching the boat and began fishing from the shoreline - we never launched the boat.  We caught 20 with only one cull.  All the fish hit hard and were healthy looking though more long than fat.  Most of the fish we caught were in the 2 to 3.5 lb range with the largest at about 4.25.  They hit topwater throughout the morning with half the fish coming on Teckel black sprinker frogs.  Most of the remaining fish were caught on Riot Baits Baton Senkos in the slayer color and 2 caught on a blue gill colored fluke.  

Fish were continuing to boil up even when we left at noon.  This is a great little lake.  You can fish about 80% of it from the bank.  As I mentioned, we never launched the boat.  The wind was blowing fairly hard and we were able to fish most of the lake off the bank with good success.  This lake is extremely easy to access as it sits about 150 yards off the road.  The road to the lake is a well maintained grass strip.  The lake is shallow and there is significant vegetation so be prepared with your frogs and other weedless baits.  We caught fish all over but the majority were caught across from the boat launch area.  We had a blast today and will definitely be back to fish this lake again.

Jul 21 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Glad you and your son had a nice outing there. My wife and I enjoyed that lake also. Easy access and plenty of hungry bass. Met the owner - a real nice young guy. I look forward to fishing there again.