Cash Is King

May 06 2019

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Cash with a good buddy of mine that doesn't get to fish enough.  We fished from about 7 to 1:30 p.m. (had to pick up boys from school)  My buddy stuck with a spinner bait all day and I was on the fly rod throwing popper frogs and black ugly buggers.   This is a really really nice place - feels like you're fishing at the Masters.  The boats are great and the property and lake are groomed and manicured.  Everything is absolutely first class.   The water here is pretty stained - I would guess visibility is at about a foot or so and challenging when fishing with flies.  We managed 34 - 22 with the fly rod and 12 with conventional gear.  My buddy doesn't get to fish much but was able to land about a dozen with the spinner bait.  Usually the fly rod doesn't do too well in stained water.  Here I managed a really good number of fish and they were quality fish as well.  Big fish of the day was about 6.5 +/-  with a few 4's and numerous 3's and 2.5+ fish.  If this was a culling lake I'm guessing less than a half dozen of our fish would have been culled.  We caught most of our fish right at the edge of the weed line close to the bank.  The fish seemed to be very tight to cover for the most part and if you got the lure/fly into the tight spots you were often rewarded with a feisty fish.  We caught a few around the scattered lily pads as well.  If we'd been able to stay until sunset I'm betting we'd have been well over 50 quality fish for the day.  Great day on a great property.