Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20814
Property Name : Alysha Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/20/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 total: 7 under 14", 5 at 16-17"
Lures Used : senko, chatterbait

Family and I stayed in the great cabin and fished Alysha on Sat 4/20.  Water was mud-stained due to recent heavy rains with vis 1-2". Mud didn't stop the two little ones from swimming.  Fished morning and evening with 3 hr break in the middle. Caught 12 total: 7 culls under 14", and 5 released at 16-17".   Caught them on chatterbaits and a few on senkos in the moss. 

Owner told us about slab crappie from the dock, but we were not able to get on them. Maybe next time.  

Note if there has been recent rain you will need 4WD to get around this property.  I did not even attempt to launch my 17' aluminum due to muddy banks.  Nice new 14 ft jon on the property was used instead.  

Apr 16 2020

Rob Mehlmann

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Jim, how's the cabin at Alysha?  Would like a nice place to take my girlfriend, but no cabin pics are available.

Let me know, thanks!! 

Apr 16 2020

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hi Rob,

The cabin is great.  Has a loft up the ladder and nice bedroom downstairs.  Full kitchen, fridge. Comfy furniture.  Quaint old memorabilia on the walls.  Cozy cabin.

When we went this time last year, it had been raining for days, so things were muddy and I could not launch my big boat, but we used the 14' jon and got along fine.  I do recommend.  

Apr 16 2020

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Also Rob, 

We fished Jones on day 1, stayed at Alysha cabin and fished Alysha day2.  I do recommend a half day at Jones as it is very clear water with lots of timber, grass and lots of bass. Jones is just down the road from Alysha 1-2 miles.