Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20200
Property Name : Indian Cave: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 01/26/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7; 2 culls
Lures Used : a-Rig, DT16 crankbait

Air temperature 37-55 degrees, surface water temperature 45 at arrival, warming to 49 degrees in the NW corner by late afternoon.  D+4 days since last front, D+2 until next forecasted front.  The water temps in the main lake were about two degrees warmer than the narrow, main creek channel.  I ventured to the back of the main creek channel and was not surprised that the grass was dead and decomposing, taking oxygen with it, and making fish scarce.  I found forage and LMB suspended between 12-20 feet off the submerged points to the east and west of the boat dock and across the lake from the boat dock before the turn to the creek channel, in each case relating to the steep drop-off which I assume is the pre-2014 shoreline.  Two culls, with five release fish between 4.22 and 2.75 lbs.  All caught on an A-Rig and DT16 crankbait.  No luck with a jerk bait in the trees, nor with a blade bait or flutter spoon in the deeper water.  Beautiful day on an incredible lake.  My guess is that in the main lake, the NW corner, SW corner near the boat ramp, and the two submerged points adjacent to the boat dock, will be the money spots for spawn in about two months.

Jan 27 2019

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice day with some good fish. Thanks for the detailed report!