Friday, Dec 21st - Santo - La Roca, Indian Cave (wonderful property, found a few fish)

Dec 22 2018

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 19995
Property Name : Indian Cave: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 12/21/2018 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 harvested / 4 returned
Lures Used : spinnerbait, squarebill, craw

Son and I fished Santo, Indian Cave on Friday.  Bluebird skies light wind after a December front.  Water was 49* with 20" viz.  To echo the other guys who've fished Indian Cave this fall - it is a beautiful and really rugged lake.  For me, it kind of exposes my inefficiencies as a fisherman with the abundance of submerged trees and rapid depth increase.  To cut to the chase we landed 10 with 6 unders (but they were quality 15" fish) and returned 4 that were in the 2lb to 4lb 6oz range.  We mishandled 2 more in the 4lb range - just didn't get a good hookset or were messing with the trolling motor to keep from crashing into a tree, etc. so that would have even been a more respectable day!  Caught a few on a white/chartreuse tandem willow blade, a shad patterned squarebill, and a red rage craw, and one on a bluegill patterned boottail.  The pontoon is large, comfortable, and stable.  We touched on most of the lake, but had most luck in the upper end.  Great to be out - blessed!

Dec 23 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Mark,

We are harvesting fish a bit bigger here. We are harvesting fish 16" and smaller. So, we are removing 15" fish. 

Steve

Dec 23 2018

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Yes sir, the 6 "unders" we harvested were all around 15''.

Thanks,

Mark