Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 19677
Property Name : Indian Cave: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 12/05/2018 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes :
Lures Used : TX rig, lipless crank, square bill

It was 29 degrees yesterday morning so we were in no rush to get out on the water. We used the new boat launch which was really nice but I'd like to add a disclaimer. I almost brought my Skeeter bass boat after reading that it was an option but I'm glad I didn't. The boat ramp is gravel and terminates at the water line so it will take one heck of a vehicle to pull a big fiberglass boat up the ramp. Once the water level drops and some more gravel can be added it should remedy the issue and also the gravel is really fresh and not packed yet. Just driving on it a few months should pack it better and then it might be fine for getting bigger boats out. The lake is just as described..... Totally rugged with cover of all types. We didn't catch anything over 4 pounds but had five or six that came close. The biggest fish came from flipping trees half way up the creek channel. You will need HEAVY braid to pitch up into the trees. It was gnarly stuff and it felt like any flip could be a monster. Most of the fish came on small cranks and Texas rigged plastics. I'll probably take my electronics next time so I can get a better look at things. This lake is a fantastic addition to the club. Fishing with high bluebird skies after a cold front probably wasn't the best idea but I can only fish when I can fish. We will be back!

Dec 06 2018

Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Dec 08 2018

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Jackson, I think that any bag that included five or six just under four pounds each is remarkable - especially on a December day that started at 39° - well done!