Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 19946
Property Name : Indian Cave: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 12/02/2018 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 36 LMB
Lures Used : glidebait; square bill; keitech; senko

I fished Indian Cave: La Roca Range on 12/02.  Originally, I was not going to go fishing this weekend, but the weather report became compelling and I successfully convinced my wife to let my go on Sunday.  I was very pleasantly surprised on Friday to see that Indian Cave was available.  If you are going to fish, you may as well catch, right?  

This was my third trip in six weeks to Indian Cave.  The first trip I caught about 35 with the biggest at 5.22lbs and second trip I caught 56 with 4.65 the biggest.  Lots of cull fish, at about 2.5:1 ratio, but with a 16 inch cull requirement, it is not like the culls are a bunch of dinks.  Started around 7:30, had good luck, then at 11:00am my wife texts me to see how it is going.  I have 11 culls in the cooler and 8 released for a total of 19, with biggest at 3.26 lbs, so I text my wife back that it is going good.  My wife replies:  "Don't bring a bunch of fish home to clean tonight."  Whoops.  

At 11:01am, I put down the rod with the soft plastic keitech paddletail swimbaits and pick-up my swimbait rod with a Megabass Vatalion glidebait.  From then until about 2:45pm, I catch:  6.4, 5.8, 5.36, 4.94 and 4.34 = 26.84 lbs with several more between 2.5 - 3.94.  During this time, I have not moved the boat or lifted the anchor, it is the same place that I have been catching cull size fish all morning, but now I am throwing a bigger lure.  After 2:45pm, my arms are too tired to throw the glidebait, so I switch to a square bill.  Have continued success, but less so and back to cull size predominately.  I finish the day with 36 total, but a release to cull ratio of 1:1 and a 5 fish limit that would win money in most professional tournaments.  I feel very blessed and conclude that this lake has size quality as well as quantity.  As Steve said in an earlier post, look out for spring on this lake.  Can only imagine what this lake is going to be like then.

Dec 03 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

I knew someone would find the bigger fish. Cole and I found some the day we fished, but you found a pack of bigger fish than we located. Congratulations on a great day of fishing. I had to look up the Megabass Vatallion. I have attached a link for those who are interested. https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megabass_Vatalion_Swimbaits/descpage-MBVAT.html

Post like this make me really love locating great properties for our members. Thanks for sharing.