Oct 5 on 9G

Oct 08 2018

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Drive to Tx on Thursday for Slims birthday. He had class Friday morning so we fished a half day on 9G.  Slim said the water was up about 2ft and the grass was either below the surface or had died back since he had been there last.  Once we found some grass edges we found some fish.  Caught 27 with the largest being 5 lbs.  Caught em on a variety of baits. Sprinker frog, chatterbait, jig, fluke, etc.  A very cool property and nice boat ramp. The wind never stopped blowing here.  It was 15-20 all afternoon. Whitecapping at times.  There are some monster grass carp in there too.  

Oct 08 2018

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

Shayne,

Sounds like a great time at 9G Ranch. When we received all that rain here recently, the lake came up way over the concrete ramp; came back down in a hurry too. Glad y'all had lots of fun.

Cole PWF

Oct 08 2018

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Thanks Cole.  It was a good time. Michael said it fished better when the grass was more visible. Or should I say it was easier to catch fish.  The water wasn't as clear I assume from the rain and that relentless wind.  It sounds like I'm complaining, but by no means am I.  Great property.  I can't wait to go back after hunting season.