Good time at Yates Place

Jul 09 2018

Philip Davison

Fry

Number of Posts :

My son and I fished Yates Place from early morning to around 4:30 Saturday, July 7th.  It was partly cloudy and hot with the area just having experienced rain the day before.  We always enjoy talking to Mr. Yates and the property and set up is outstanding.  We broke for good BBQ around 12 PM at Bodacious BBQ in Henderson getting back on the lake around 2 PM.  We caught twelve, missing about the same amount in the morning off top water lures (soft belly frog and perch).  Of the twelve we culled seven.  Half the fish we caught with wacky rigged Senkos while the rest were caught using gray/silver rattle lipless crank baits.  None of the fish were very big, except for the 8+ pounder (24+ inches long) caught by my son Reed.  He caught it around 3:30 PM off a Senko on the opposite side of the lake from the house.  Here's a pic of the fish - and Reed of course.  Great time and memories.

Jul 09 2018

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Phillip - thanks for posting the pic of your son and his lunker. Seeing the smiling faces of members and their families reminds me of the joys and blessings of being a PWF member.

Mark

Jul 09 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

So happy you posted that picture. Love the smiles of young men catching fish!!!