Great hosts - fishing tougher than expected

Jul 08 2018

Dustin Carlson

Fry

Number of Posts :

June 29th-July 1st went to this property for the first time.  The hosts were very nice and went out of their way to be friendly.  Had a little boat house with choice of boats and a back up battery as well incase mine died.  

Cabin is definitely older and has 4 double beds in it (2 in each of the 2 rooms) but pretty clean and decorated in a fun way…feels like stepping back in time at grandmas.  It is a functional farm with greenhouse, fresh veggies, fresh eggs, about 20 head of sheep and 20 head of cows.  Very quiet and nice screened in porch - large!

Now the fishing was tough as I consider myself a pretty avid fisherman (fish 2-3 days a week and tournament fish) but this lake was tough as fished it a little in the day and all 3 evenings.  Plan on a fish about every 45 minutes as an overall averag.  They were tougher to get to eat something than any pond fish I have fished before as I took a few baits to try and throw to build some confidence in them but never ended up pulling them out…they were picky.  Lake has quite a bit of 6-8' depth area as well as 2 shallow 3' weed flats (one near dock and one on other end).  I did manage 2 about 5lbs (which came on back to back casts the 2nd evening) but nothing else over 3.5lbs.  If you plan to catch fish…plan to throw a senko some as they wanted things very slow for the most part and would hardly eat reaction baits.