Hot, but Fun Day at 9G

Jun 04 2018

Kit Carson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I fished 9G on Friday 6/1. I got on the water at 1:00  and fished to about 7:00. Wow! was it hot. I caught around 10 or 12 fish. The biggest was 4.82 lbs and two 3 1/2 pounders. The others ranged from 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 lbs. All the fish were fat and fought hard. I also lost a big one at the boat. I either didn't have him hooked good or I tried to pull him in too quick. He saw the boat and went straight down. I tried to pull him up and he was gone. I think I should have let him go out again and get tired. I caught the smaller ones on lizards and the big fish on spinner baits. I probably missed some fish on the spinner baits. I'm not that experienced with using them.

I saw something I've not seen before this time of year. At the end of the day I saw some big fish in the shallows swimming around hunting for food. I was able to get close enough to throw at them, but couldn't hook one. I'm not sure what they were eating, but I'm guessing the bait fish.

It was a fun day, but hot. 

Posted By: Kit Carson

Jun 14 2018

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

There some really big carp in that lake, could have been one of them. 

Jun 15 2018

Kit Carson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Could have been carp. I didn't know there were carp in the lake.

Jun 27 2018

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

There are big carp in that lake.  If you get close to them, you've never seen a fish make a bigger splash/noise moving away from you.  It's pretty cool.

How was the grass level at 9G?  Has the algae subsided on top of the grass?

Jun 27 2018

Jerry Gaither

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

The grass reaches the top of the water where water is less than 10 ft deep. There are channels so that you can manuever into open water..

Still lots of open water, but fish seem to be in or near grass.

Jun 27 2018

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Thanks Jerry, I've been there a few times.  I love this lake.  I did a lot of punching in the grass and some top water.   Like you, I caught a number of 4-6 lb bass and had one break a Castaway rod.  It had to have been a beast.  I'm planning on going out there on Sunday and just wondered how the grass looked.  Thanks for the quick response.