Busy Weekend but sneaked in a little fishing

May 28 2018

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Traveled  to Humble to see our oldest grand daughter graduate from Summer Creek High school. Spending time working on some plumbing issues and heading out to National Cemetery for memorial service this morning.  Now onto the fishing, I have never lost so many tails bitten off my super flukes.  We did manage to fill a cooler with 25 small bass.  The largest two fish went right around 3.25 lbs both caught at the dam. We used zoom super salty watermelon flukes.  I'm sure if we used the junior flukes we would have tripled our catch.  The lake is in great shape, full and around 4 foot clarity. Super nice Jon boat that both of us could stand and fish. Nice and quiet and green surroundings, just listening to the frogs and turkeys.  Had two storms come thru in the afternoon that helped to cool us off and helped the bite afterwords.  So if anyone knows a use for tail less flukes let me know as I think we have 10 or 15 in my worm bag.  Great location for someone learning how to fish and fishing plastics.  

Posted By: Robert Lundin