Haunted again!

May 23 2018

Mike Mehlmann

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Buddy and I fished Dogwood East 5/13.  Caught 25, culled 4.  Biggest was 6 pounds. Rocky maintains the property and lakes meticulously.  He drove by and chatted with us a bit.  Gave us some helpful tips about the lake.  Super nice guy.   For the 3rd time in as many trips, we saw 3 bass over 10 pounds, but could not bring one to hand.  I had a huge fish hit my top water yellow magic in open water about 15 feet in front of me.  I could see the entire length and girth as she struck, but alas, not a single point of the 6 razor short points on the treble hooks found lip….Foiled again.  Those of you that have yellow magics know what I am talking about….Those hooks catch everything (carpet, pants, shirts, hats)  2 hours later, my buddy had the same thing happen to him.  We are getting closer to catching our 10 and this is a great place to do it…maybe 4th time will be a charm.  Anyone have an ideas re baits and locations for me?

Thanks

Posted By: Mike Mehlmann

May 25 2018

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I have fished their twice and caught a four and a six near submerged timber on pumpkinseed Senkos near submerged timber in the back half of the leg. Good  luck in your quest for a 10!