Pretty good day at Leinweber

May 14 2018

Eric Carr

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Fished Leinweber today and did ok.  88 degrees, light south winds and mostly cloudy.  About the property:  This was my first trip here, and it was pretty easy to find.  It's a beautiful property, and I didn't see any evidence that anyone was there.  The front gate keypad was out of service so I opened the gate manually.  I saw and heard turkey all day, and near sunset the coyotes started howling from very nearby. The lake looks like it is full.

The fish looked good and were busy trying to snap up dragonflies all day long.  Lots of dinks right now in this lake, so hopefully we can cull out a bunch this year. Caught 27 total with 21 culls, and the biggest two were 4-15 and 3-5.  I never found a go-to bait.  I caught them on soft plastic swim, hard jerk and buzzbaits pretty much everywhere on the lake except along the dam.  For some reason I couldn't get many bites there, though I tried deep cranks, swim baits, plastic craw and top water. 

I really enjoyed the day.  Does anyone have any tips for fishing this lake? (always wanting to do better next time!)  

Posted By: Eric Carr

May 16 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Maybe Robert Brucolla will chime in. He fishes the lake 3-5 times a month. He is done very well out there. He has landed too many fish over 6 lbs to count. 

Robert, any tips for Eric?