Spot Lock Day

Apr 12 2018

Marty Newman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Fished a half day on Wednesday.  Was on the water on Upper Hart right at noon.  Water was chocolate milk looking and the wind was already howling (sustained, not gusting).  This is where I mention again what a game changer the Spot Lock feature is on the Minn Kota Terrova I bought last year.  It makes a tough fishing day so much easier.  Just position the boat, hit spot lock, and I walk to the back deck and work over an area thoroughly while the spot lock holds the boat in place.  Without it, the conditions would have been almost unfishable.

Now, the fishing, first fish along the dam was the best of the day.  23" with a huge head/mouth but no belly.  Somehow I did not have my scale in my bag, so could not weigh it.  I would guess in the 7 lb range.  Caught on a white chatterbait with a white trailer.  I fished Upper until about 3:00 then moved to Lower.  The new road is awesome and makes it so much easier to go from one lake to the other.  Other than one other keeper above the 14", I culled 11 unders the rest of the day.  Caught on the same chatterbait, rage tail craw, and a couple on a Senko.  I grew tired of fighting the wind, that showed no indication of dying down for the evening,  and loaded the boat to head home at about 6:00.

Posted By: Marty Newman