PB @ 9G

Apr 02 2018

Edward Sevadjian

Fry

Number of Posts :

One of my employees and I fished the lake on 9g Ranch Sunday, March 25th.  Whenever I can, I try to get my guys out of the shop and PWF has been a nice avenue to give back a little. My priority has always been quantity over quality but at 9g, both can be found. 

We arrived at the lake about 30 minutes before sunrise, the SE wind was light and the skies were overcast.  We started out throwing top water poppers at the bank opposite of the boat ramp and picked up a number of smaller fish along with two weighing in just under 4 pounds.  We then worked our way around the lake in a counter clockwise direction.  We picked up a few more fish in the extremely shallow southern arm and didn't even get a nibble along the dam.  Once we turn the corner of the dam and started fishing the windblown north west corner the bite turned on.  We made three passes from the North west corner around  to the inlet with the trees.  Each time we picked up 4 to 5 fish.  Our biggest 5 were 4-7, 4-9, 5-4, 5-12 and 9-8.  We caught most of the bigger fish on electric blue Havoc juice worms, but the big girl came on a black and blue jack hammer chatterbait with a purple Zako trailer.  We picked them up about 40 feet off the bank in 4-8 feet of water and right along the drop off.  The vegetation is pretty thick so the depth may not be completely accurate.  When I set the hook on the big girl I didn't really know what I had.  I initially thought it was so damn heavy due to the vegetation.  When it finally came up and then ran back underneath the boat, we both knew it was a special fish.  My fishing partner immediately dropped his rod with the worm still in the water, and grabbed the net.  After we snapped a few pictures and released it, he picked up his rod to find a 4 pounder waiting for him. It was a new personal best for me.  What an awesome lake.

Posted By: Edward Sevadjian

Apr 02 2018

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great day and great fish, congrats. 

Apr 13 2018

Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Wow, what a day you had. That big one is an absolute sow.

Apr 18 2018

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Congrats on your PB - she’s a beauty1

Apr 23 2018

Dave Newsom

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great looking fish!