Thursday, Mar 29th - Grapeland, Bennett (some numbers but no big ones)

Apr 02 2018

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fished Thursday after what appeared to be a good amount of rain earlier in the week.  The lake was larger/fuller than I've seen it in the few times I've fished it.  Water temps were 67 to 70, clarity from 18'' to 30''.  We ended up with 33 to 3-3 with 12 of those harvested.  I will say that all of the harvests were around 13-14''.  No dinks at all.  Really only had any luck "up" in the weed line (not on on the outer edges), close to shore, but not way up in the newly flooded shore.  Senkos were the most productive bait along with a few on a t-rig craw and a chatterbait.

I will say to use some caution when driving down to the lake here at Bennett after significant rains (as can be said for any of the properties).  The road to the lake is just fine, but personally I parked it just after entering the gate and hoofed it at least 100 paces down to the water with our gear.  Then driving back out to the main road is all uphill.  Just be aware unless you have a very capable vehicle.  Finally - this is a beautiful and remote lake, very blessed to have the opportunity to fish it!

Posted By: Mark Daugherty