Windy at Weston!

Feb 16 2018

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I've never been a part of any kind of bass club but when my friend told me about PWF, i was very interested to say the least. I joined at the first of the year and yesterday (2/15/18) was my first outing. I fished Weston last year with another club member. He caught one fish that went about 5. That was it. We threw everything at them, but it just wasn't our day.

I got on the water about noon. It was in the upper 70's and very windy. Water temps still in the upper 40's. Again, the water was murky. It was a tough start to my day, fighting the wind was tough, so i decided to bank fish the rest of the day. On my way back, i hit all the marked brush piles. The last one i threw into, it happened! I was fishing a jig with a blue and black trailer. I let it sink, while fighting the wind still, and just concentrating on getting to shore, and so i started to reel it in. I guess she already had it and by the time i tightened my line, she rolled on the surface. Monster! She darted under the boat, so i let her run, but that's all the fight she had in her. Reeled her in and easily lipped her. Got the weight and a few pictures and quickly released her. She weighed in a 8lbs 11oz. My personal best! First fish on my first outing. I'll take it.

Posted By: John Jones

Feb 16 2018

Robert Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club John! Great fish!

Enjoy!

Bob

Feb 16 2018

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Great start John!  Welcome.  Congrats on PB!  Can you post a picture?  

Keith

Feb 16 2018

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

John,

WOW! 8 lbs. 11 oz. is huge, and a great catch on that lake. Another GREAT lake worth checking out in the same area is Van Alstyne - JerMar Lake, it's north of McKinney as well. JerMar Lake, has a bunch of marked brush piles just like Weston - SW Lake; however, it has submerged vegetation, grass, rip-rap, marked brush piles, floating dock, etc. Well worth the visit in my books!

Cole PWF

Feb 20 2018

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Wow, John! Welcome to PWF, and my congratulations on a new PB - that 8-12 is a beauty!

Feb 23 2018

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Your off to a great start, congrats on great fish.